All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith the publication of with his seminal 1977 book, White Trash, Christopher Makos burst on to the photography scene and made a name for himself as the first photographer to record the convergence of the uptown and downtown worlds, as Debbie Harry fondly remembers. This raw, beautiful volume chronicled the punk scene as it came of age on the street of New York. Interspersed in the mix are portraits of boldface names, including Andy Warhol, Man Ray, Tennessee Williams, Halston, John Paul Getty III, Mick Jagger, David Bowie, Grace Jones, Patti Smith, Richard Hell, Tom Verlaine, Alice Cooper, Iggy Pop, Zandra Rhodes, Divine, Lance Loud, and Marilyn Chambers, among others. While the first book was a throwaway, this version, produced some forty years later, is being presented as an extremely collectable art book, w recognised as a classic in the world of pop culture photo photography. Preface by Andrew Crispo; Foreword by Peter Wise.
- Author BiographyChristopher Makos is a world-renowned photographer. He is best known for his work in portraiture, and has exhibited at galleries and museums worldwide. He was an apprentice with photographer Man Ray in Paris and collaborated with Andy Warhol. Some of his previous books include Exhibitionism,a collaboration on studies of the male nude with Calvin Klein; Equipose, unique portraiture of horses (Glitterati 2005) and the soon-to-be-released Warhol In Context, which visually chronicles his unique access to this major artist during the 70s, 80s and 90s. Andrew Crispo, is a well-known New York City art gallery dealer, who symbolized the excesses of the 80s through his exuberant and widely reviewed lifestyle. He lives in New York City. Peter Wise was born in Boston and educated at Amherst College, the New York Studio School, where he studied under Mercedes Matter and Paul Georges. His work is found in various public and private collections, including Mead Art Gallery, Amherst College, and Estee Lauder Corporate Collection. Wise is represented in New York by the Leila Taghinia-Milani Heller Gallery (LTMH). His work has been shown at The Drawing Center, NYC; Coe Kerr Gallery in NYC; Hokin Gallery, Bal Harbour, FL; Govinda Gallery in Washington, DC. He has published one book of his paintings Sur(Glitterati/2008). He Lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Christopher Makos
- PublisherGlitterati Inc
- Date of Publication23/04/2014
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGlitterati Inc
- Content Note100 colour
- Weight894 g
- Width203 mm
- Height304 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.