Brand newLOWEST PRICE
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhite is set in the Nebraska sandhills, a vast area of dunes covered with grass and incised by a number of rivers fed entirely by springs. The subtle beauty of the sandhills defies exaggeration. The principal protagonist of the story is Charles Hays (usually kwn as Chick) Moore, who serves as County Attorney in Hooker County, Nebraska. All of the settings and place names in the vel are real. Chick drives a red XK8 Jaguar convertible which he readily ackwledges as a concession to his vanity. As he approaches a young woman hitchhiking along Nebraska highway 2 east of Mullen, Nebraska she turns, sees the car and is obviously terrified. She runs away from the highway and directly in front of a coal train, to her grisly death. Murders occur, which are rare in the sparsely populated sandhills. The investigation ultimately reveals a white slave trade originating in a remote part of the sandhills. The vel takes us to Tuscany, Saudi Arabia, and back to the 'hills.
- Author(s)Michael Klein
- PublisherPage Publishing, Inc.
- Date of Publication02/07/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPage Publishing, Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight508 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $71.91New
- AU $28.84New
- AU $16.40New
- AU $12.81Used
- AU $79.40New
- AU $18.71New
- AU $113.12New
- AU $22.40New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $31.18
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $79.40
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.71
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $14.54
- AU $17.03Trending at AU $19.94
- AU $79.86Trending at AU $82.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.