All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1967, in celebration of Canada's 100th birthday, Les Voyageurs left Rocky Mountain House, Alberta, in ten 26-foot caes. These one hundred gallant men, representing eight provinces and two territories, travelled 5,286 kilometres to Expo '67 in Montreal. The trip took them across such major lakes as Winnipeg, Lake of the Woods, Superior, Nipissing, Huron and Georgian Bay and through 68 gruelling portages. After 104 days of travel, the team from Manitoba paddled into the Expo site as the winners and claimed first prize. In Whitewater Devils Boudreau includes an unbelievable collection of adventures that take place on, in and below the raging rivers and mighty lakes of BC. There are the grizzly stories of wildlife photographer Leon Lorenz and the tales of Ian Norn, whose love of kayaking has taken him to roaring rapids and canyons that were out of the reach of humans just a few short years ago. Then there is diver Russ Logan, whose rmal day on the job sends him swimming through 85 feet of 36-inch pipe beneath four feet of riverbed or, on ather occasion, into the darkness of the Nechako River to remove a drowned moose that was caught in the trash rack of a pulp mill. In his eighth collection, Boudreau once again shares the stories of the brave, adventurous -- sometimes foolhardy--men and women of Northern BC and beyond.
- Author BiographyJack Boudreau devoted his professional life to British Columbias forest industry, working as a licensed scaler, industrial first-aid attendant and forest fire fighter mostly with the Ministry of Forests. Jack has always been an avid lover of the outdoors and shares his perspective as mountain climber, fisherman and naturalist in King of the Mountain and his previous eight BC bestsellers: Whitewater Devils , Trappers & Trailblazers , Sternwheelers & Canyon Cats , Crazy Mans Creek , Grizzly Bear Mountain , Wilderness Dreams , Mountains, Campfires & Memories and Wild & Free . Jack now lives in High River, Alberta, where he spends his time writing.
- Author(s)Jack Boudreau
- PublisherCaitlin Press
- Date of Publication15/01/2011
- SubjectWater Sports
- Place of PublicationSaint George
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintCaitlin Press
- Content Noteb/w photos
- Weight270 g
- Width230 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.