All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.12
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.79
- AU $36.20Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.82
- AU $24.72Trending at AU $29.63
About this product
- DescriptionBullies come in all shapes and sizes, as Whitney finds out in her third adventure. The new kid in town, she's still trying to find her own place among friends when the leader of the most popular clique snubs her. The girl decides to invite every classmate to a sleepover except Whitney--just to teach her a lesson. Whitney is devastated by the humiliation. Why would anyone want to hurt her for reason? What can she do in response? Sobbing, she escapes into Nana's Emerald Bible and is transported to an ancient Israel being terrorized by Goliath. When young David goes unarmed to face the giant, it's Whitney who gives him a weapon--and a quick lesson in aiming a slingshot! David's bravery in turn gives Whitney the courage and the faith to believe in and stand up for herself, and go back and confront her own bully.
- Author BiographyTherese Johnson Borchard is a freelance product development and editorial consultant for many of today's leading Christian publishers.She and her husband live in Annapolis, Maryland. Wendy VanNest began drawing as a small, fidgety child seated beside her father in church. She has pursued her interest and passion in art and has been drawing ever since.
- Author(s)Therese J. Borchard
- PublisherPaulist Press International,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/01/2000
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Series TitleThe Emerald Bible collection
- Place of PublicationMahwah
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPaulist Press International,U.S.
- Content NoteIll.
- Weight113 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Wendy Van Ne,Wendy VanNest
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.