All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionI>Whiz Mob is David W. Maurer's classic study of the world of pickpockets. Similar to his best-kwn work, The Big Con, in Whiz Mob Maurer explains the colorful expressions and vivid words used by pickpockets and uses them to provide a window into the life and experiences of the professional criminal. Although he is quick to point out that he never had any actual experience on the racket, Maurer spent many years interviewing pickpockets and learning about their way of life. The result is a fascinating look at the work, lives, morals, and dangers of this element of the criminal subculture.
- Author BiographyDavid W. Maurer was a well-known linguist and professor at the University of Louisville for many years. His other books include Kentucky Moonshine, an examination of the language of moonshiners, and The Big Con, which was the basis for the Academy Award winning movie, The Sting.
- Author(s)David W. Maurer
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication01/06/1964
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Notebibliography, index
- Weight290 g
- Width142 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.