All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNine-year-old Alina loves junk food more than anythinga candy, ice cream and especially french fries. But soon her jeans are too tight to fit, and it becomes a showdown between her love for junk food and her love for herself. In Who Ate My French Fries? author Lee Turner takes readers on an adventure of edible proportions as Alina learns about the 'green army' of vegetables that helps her to be healthy. When she shares this kwledge with the whole school, Alina is able to change the lives of those she cares about. From sentimental moments with her mother, conflicts with her father, competition with her sister, to happenings with her friends, Alina learns how to regain her self- confidence and be true to herself in this touching and memorable book. Who Ate My French Fries is a story inspired by a real girl who becomes a victor in one of life's greatest challenges. Lee Turner was inspired to write this children's vel by her nieces, Alina and Claire. Lee shows a remarkable understanding of the nature of kids and is able to put the reader into the reality of the story. Motivated by the statistic that 34 percent of America's kids are overweight, Lee seeks to provide inspiration for kids to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Lee resides with her husband, Russell in Poteau, Oklahoma. She is currently seeking a degree in 'nutrition consultation' from the Global College of Natural Medicine.
- Author(s)Lee Turner
- PublisherTate Publishing & Enterprises
- Date of Publication20/10/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTate Publishing & Enterprises
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width132 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.