All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $14.80Free postage
- AU $17.96Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionThis book shows how our lives are shaped t only by the choices we make, but by the choices we have. From dating, school and university applications to the job market, understand the most important decisions you'll ever make with insights from a Nobel Prize-winner. Who Gets What and Why is a piquantly written, mind-expanding exploration of the markets that matter most to many of us. If you've ever sought a job or hired someone, applied to university or guided your child into a good school, asked someone out on a date or been asked out, you have participated in a matching market. They are everywhere around us and account for some of the biggest techlogical successes of the decade, like Uber and Airbnb. Matching markets can even be the gatekeeper of life itself, guiding how desperately ill patients receive scarce organs for transplants. Alvin E. Roth shared the 2012 Nobel Prize in ecomics for his pioneering research into market design - the principles that govern all kinds of markets where money isn't the only factor in determining who gets what. His book reveals what factors make these markets work well - or badly - and shows us all how to recognise a good match and make smarter, more confident decisions.
- Author BiographyAlvin E. Roth is the McCaw Professor of Economics at Stanford University and is one of the world's leading experts in the fields of market design and game theory. He was corecipient of the 2012 Nobel Prize in economics.
- Author(s)Alvin Roth
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication14/01/2016
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWilliam Collins
- Weight260 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.87
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.10Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.