All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis work investigates the permissibility and viability of property rights on the - lestial bodies, particularly the extraterrestrial aspects of land and mineral resources ownership. In lay terms, it aims to ?nd an answer to the question Who owns the Moon? The ?rst chapter critically analyses and dismantles with legal arguments the issue of sale of extraterrestrial real estate, after having perused some of the trivial claims of celestial bodies ownership. The only consequence these claims have on the plane of space law is to highlight the need for a better regulation of extraterrestrial landed property rights. Next, thebook addresses theapparent silenceofthelawinthe?eldofextraterr- trial landed property, scrutinizing whether the factual situation on the extraterrestrial realms calls for legal regulations. The sources of law are examined in their dual dimension - that is, the facts that have caused and shaped the law of extraterrestrial real estate, and the rms which express this law. It is found that the rms and rules regarding property rights in the celestial realms are rather limited, failing to de?ne basic concepts such as celestial body.
- Author BiographyVirgiliu Pop is a researcher at the Romanian Space Agency and is one of world's specialists in the area of space property rights. A member of the International Institute of Space Law, Virgiliu has authored several acclaimed papers in the field of space law and policy, and was interviewed by prestigious media outlets as diverse as New Scientist, Space.com/MSNBC, The Space Show, La Tercera (Chile), Ta Nea (Greece), Geo Magazine (Germany) and several publications in his native Romania.
- Author(s)Virgilui Pop
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/09/2008
- SubjectAstronomy, Space & Time
- Series TitleSpace Regulations Library
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 4
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight980 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.43Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.24Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.