Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $37.58Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe lifestyle, ecomic basis and political affiliations of the British upper class are the focus of this exciting new textbook. Combining a review of existing sociological theory on class and capitalism with material drawn from a great variety of sources it is likely to become a standard course text. Examining the question of whether there is still a ruling class in Britain, John Scott presents an account of the historical development of the British upper class, the development of industrial and financial dynasties, town and country society as well as of London and the political world. Photographs and other illustrations cover subjects as diverse as public school fees, the structure of parliament, and the dates and events of the a Seasona .
- Author BiographyJohn Scott is author of many other works on the subject of wealth and the upper class in Britain, including Sociology of Elites. He previously taught at the University of Strathclyde.
- Author(s)John C. Scott
- PublisherPolity Press
- Date of Publication09/05/1991
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolity Press
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight278 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.