Who Speaks for Islam?: What a Billion Muslims Really Think by Dalia Mogahed, John L. Esposito (Hardback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $22.34Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $23.34+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe religion of Islam and the mainstream Muslim majority have been conflated with the beliefs and actions of an extremist mirity. The result was reflected in a USA Today/Gallup Poll which found substantial mirities of Americans admitting to negative feelings or prejudice against Muslims.The vital missing piece among the many voices weighing in on this question is the actual views of Muslim publics.Who Speaks for Islam? is about this silenced majority. It is the product of a mammoth research study undertaken over six years by the Gallup Organization. Gallup conducted tens of thousands of hour-long face to face interviews with residents of more than 35 predominantly Muslim nations. In totality we surveyed a sample representing over 90% of the world's 1.3 billion Muslims, making this the largest, most comprehensive study of contemporary Muslims ever done.
- Author BiographyJohn L. Esposito, Ph.D., is a leading expert on the Muslim world. He is a university professor and a professor of religion and international affairs and of Islamic studies at Georgetown University and the founding director of Georgetown's Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Center for Muslim-Christian Understanding in the Walsh School of Foreign Service. He is also the past president of the Middle East Studies Association of North America and of the American Council for the Study of Islamic Societies and a consultant to governments and multinational corporations. He is editor in chief of the Oxford Encyclopedia of the Islamic World and Oxford Islamic Studies Online. His more than 35 books include What Everyone Needs to Know About Islam and Unholy War: Terror in the Name of Islam. He currently resides in Washington, D.C. with his wife, Jeanette P. Esposito, Ph.D. Dalia Mogahed is a Senior Analyst and Executive Director of the Gallup Center for Muslim Studies. She leads the analysis of Gallup's unprecedented survey of more than one billion Muslims worldwide. Mogahed also directs the Muslim-West Facts Initiative (www.muslimwestfacts.com), through which Gallup, in collaboration with The Coexist Foundation, is disseminating the findings of the Gallup World Poll to key opinion leaders in the Muslim World and the West. She travels the globe engaging audiences on what Muslims around the world really think. Her analysis has appeared in a number of leading publications, including the Economist, the Financial Times, the Wall Street Journal, Foreign Policy Magazine, Harvard International Review, the Journal of Middle East Policy, and many other academic and popular journals. She lives in Washington, D.C. with her husband Mohamed and two sons, Tariq and Jibreel.
- Author(s)Dalia Mogahed,John L. Esposito
- PublisherGallup Press
- Date of Publication25/02/2008
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationOmaha
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGallup Press
- Weight438 g
- Width147 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.