Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionCanadian parents facing the removal of children from their home are in for an uphill battle, and it's important that their interests be protected. In Who Takes This Child?, author Allan Dare Pearce discusses the child protection laws, agencies, and processes in Canada. For more than thirty years, he has counseled and represented parents in their battles with the child protection authorities, preparing pleadings, arguing motions, and conducting trials. In Who Takes This Child?, he shows what happens in typical child protection cases in Canada. Pearce discusses the overarching agency that's assigned to protect children; how the agency gets involved; the process of apprehension and temporary (or interim) care; plans of care; how parents' capacity is assessed; the issues of mental health, disabilities, and the system; parents with addiction and parents who abuse; the trial; and strategies for specific situations. Through examples and personal accounts, Pearce communicates the importance of understanding the child protection process so parents can keep custody of their children and avoid the foster care system.
- Author(s)Allan Dare Pearce
- Date of Publication15/08/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight159 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.