All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLike Michelangelo, Galileo is ather Renaissance great kwn just by his first name--a name that is synymous with scientific achievement. Born in Pisa, Italy, in the sixteenth century, Galileo contributed to the era's great rebirth of kwledge. He invented a telescope to observe the heavens. From there, t even the sky was the limit! He turned long-held tions about the universe topsy turvy with his support of a sun-centric solar system. Patricia Brennan Demuth offers a sympathetic portrait of a brilliant man who lived in a time when speaking scientific truth to those in power was still a dangerous proposition.
- Author BiographyPatricia Brennan Demuth is the author of Who Was Laura Ingalls Wilder?, Who Is Bill Gates?, What Was Ellis Island?, and What Was Pearl Harbor?
- Author(s)Patricia Brennan Demuth
- PublisherTurtleback Books
- Date of Publication05/02/2015
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleWho Was...?
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTurtleback Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight200 g
- Width132 mm
- Height188 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.