All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBorn a slave in Maryland, Harriet Tubman knew first-hand what it meant to be someone's property; she was whipped by owners and almost killed by an overseer. It was from other field hands that she first heard about the Underground Railroad which she travelled by herself rth to Philadelphia. Throughout her long life (she died at the age of ninety-two) and long after the Civil War brought an end to slavery, this amazing woman was proof of what just one person can do.
- Author BiographyYona Zeldis McDonough is a longtime doll lover and collector. She is also an award-winning author who has published numerous books for children and adults. She presently lives in Brooklyn with her husband and two children.
- Author(s)Yona Zeldis McDonough
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication07/08/2004
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintG P Putnam's Sons
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight118 g
- Width136 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine6 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.46
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.66
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.19
- AU $2.99Trending at AU $5.60
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.47
- AU $12.54Trending at AU $19.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.