All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMeet the man behind the board games: Milton Bradley. Born in Maine in 1836, Milton Bradley moved with his family to the working-class city of Lowell, Massachusetts, at age 11. His early life consisted of several highs and lows, from graduating high school and attending Harvard to getting laid off and losing his first wife. These experiences gave Bradley the idea for his first board game: The Checkered Game of Life. He produced and sold Life across the country and it quickly became a national sensation. Working with his company, the Milton Bradley Company, he continued to produce board games, crayons, and kid-friendly school supplies for the rest of his life. He is often credited as the father of board games, and the Milton Bradley Company has created Battleship, Jenga, Yahtzee, Trouble, and many more classic games.
- Author BiographyKirsten Anderson is a freelance writer and actress who lives in New York City with her charming Pomeranian, Sunflower.
- Author(s)Kirsten Anderson
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication01/09/2016
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2016
- ImprintGrosset & Dunlap Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight113 g
- Width137 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Illustrator(s)Tim Foley,Nancy Harrison
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.