Who Was Mr. Nobody?: Debunking Historical Mysteries by Ron Stapley, Edward Rayner (Paperback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEveryone has had the experience of hearing, seeing or reading something they just kw can't be right: the man in the pub claiming that someone has 'proved' Napoleon was murdered; the reputable historian who writes that George II died on the toilet, or the feature film that shows Rasputin, shot repeatedly, rising from the icy river Neva, still alive. Wouldn't it be richly satisfying to clear up these mysteries and misrepresentations? In the follow-on to their highly successful Debunking History , history buffs Ed Rayner and Ron Stapley put their egghead brains to the task of establishing the correct answers to a host of teasing historical questions and exasperating mysteries. Now, the indefatigable myth-slayers cover world themes and events from the Princes in the Tower to the first man on the moon. They look at the death of Hitler and find out who the real Sw White was and whether she lived with...seven short miners. They also reveal all on the identity of Tom, Dick and Harry, the sinking of the Lusitania, Howard Carter's trickery and the real events behind the saying 'Sweet Fanny Adam'. Anyone who enjoys quizzes, brain-teasers or a good argument will relish this book.
- Author BiographyEd Rayner and Ron Stapley have both taught modern history at school and college level. Ed Rayner's publications include International Affairs. Ron Stapley is the author of Britain 1900-1945. Their previous book for Sutton is Debunking History (2002).
- Author(s)Edward Rayner,Ron Stapley
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication30/11/2005
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSutton Publishing Ltd
- Weight420 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $6.15New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.59Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.