All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlmost 100 years before Rosa Parks refused to give up her bus seat, Sojourner Truth was mistreated by a streetcar conductor. She took him to court and won! Before she was Sojourner Truth, she was kwn simply as Belle. Born a slave in New York sometime around 1797, she was later sold and separated from her family. Even after she escaped from slavery, she knew her work was t yet done. She changed her name and travelled, inspiring everyone she met and sharing her story until her death in 1883 at age eighty-six. In this easy to read biography, Yona Zeldis MoDough continues to share that remarkable story.
- Author BiographyYona McDonough is the author of What Was the Underground Railroad?, Who Was Rosa Parks?, Who Was John F. Kennedy?, Who Was Louis Armstrong?, Who Was Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart? and Who Was Harriet Tubman? She lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Yona Zeldis McDonough
- PublisherGrosset and Dunlap
- Date of Publication26/04/2016
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGrosset and Dunlap
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight113 g
- Width137 mm
- Height193 mm
- Spine6 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.86
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.