All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWho's Afraid of Purple, Orange and Green? is a comprehensive insight into the Dunlop Art Gallery's critically-acclaimed exhibition of the same name. The 2014 exhibition explored how modernist legacies are being revisited by contemporary, largely female, Canadian artists - the formalist aesthetics of the modernist movement of the 1960s (which included many Saskatchewan artists via the Emma Lake workshops) are w being recognised by female Canadian artists at various stages of their careers - an interesting phemen given that women artists were historically largely excluded from the intellectual discourse at the birth of the movement. Fully illustrated with exhibition installation images, the book follows suit in presenting artists from across Canada who utilise formalist aesthetics in ways that take new conceptual, narrative and aesthetic turns. In addition, three critical essays - two commissioned and one from the exhibition curator - contextualise the movement. Artists featured in the exhibition: Krista Buecking, Arabella Campbell, Jessica Eaton, Marie Lano, Jennifer Marman and Daniel Borins, Luce Meunier, Sarah Nasby, Sasha Pierce, Jennifer Rose Sciarri, and Celia Perrin Sidarous. In partnership with the Dunlop Art Gallery.
- Author BiographyJennifer Matotek is Director/Curator at the Dunlop Art Gallery. Mark Cheetham is Professor in the Fine Arts Department at the University of Toronto. He has written books and articles on art theory, visual culture and recent Canadian and international art. Jaheh Mansoor is Assistant Professor in the Department of Art History, Visual Art and Theory of the University of British Columbia. She works as a critic for Artforum.
- Author(s)Jaleh Mansoor,Jennifer Matotek,Mark Cheetham
- PublisherBlack Dog Publishing London UK
- Date of Publication30/04/2015
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlack Dog Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight862 g
- Width230 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $22.63Trending at AU $23.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.