Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.18+ AU $19.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYou had better shove this in the stove, Mark Twain said at the top of an 1865 letter to his brother, 'for I don't want any absurd 'literary remains' and 'unpublished letters of Mark Twain' published after I am planted'. He was joking, of course. But when Mark Twain died in 1910, he left behind the largest collection of personal papers created by any nineteenth-century American author. Here, for the first time in book form, are twenty-four remarkable pieces by the American master - pieces that have been hand picked by Robert Hirst, General Editor of The Mark Twain Project at UC Berkeley. In Jane Austen , Twain wonders if Austen's goal is to make the reader detest her people up to the middle of the book and like them in the rest of the chapters? The Privilege of the Grave offers a powerful statement about the freedom of speech while Happy Memories of the Dental Chair will make you appreciate modern dentistry. In Frank Fuller and My Fist New York Lecture Twain plasters the city with ads to promote his talk at the Cooper Union (he is terrified one will attend). Later that day, Twain encounters two men gazing at one of his ads. One man says to the other: Who is Mark Twain? The other responds: God Kws-I Don't. Wickedly funny and disarmingly relevant, Who is Mark Twain? shines new light on one of America's most beloved literary icons - a man who was well ahead of his time.
- Author BiographyMark Twain, who was born Samuel L. Clemens in Missouri in 1835, wrote some of the most enduring works of literature in the English language, including The Adventures of Tom Sawyer and The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. Personal Recollections of Joan of Arc was his last completed book-and, by his own estimate, his best. Its acquisition by Harper & Brothers allowed Twain to stave off bankruptcy. He died in 1910.
- Author(s)Mark Twain
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/05/2010
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight199 g
- Width135 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.