Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionShann Harveys The Whole Health Life provides authoritative science, journalistic rigour, real-life experience and eminently practical strategies to enhance your health, and all in one totally readable package. What a rare combination! Craig Hassed MD, author of The Essence of Health. A must read. Lynne Malcolm, presenter ABC Radio National, All in the Mind The Whole Health Life depicts an inspiring personal journey into the expanding field of body mind science. Shann Harvey generously shares the kwledge and tips for happiness and health she's picked up in her own quest for a fulfilling life after being diagsed with a chronic disease. A must read. Lynne Malcolm, presenter ABC Radio National, All in the Mind Being healthy in this crazy, busy, modern world is t easy. For journalist Shann Harvey, finding the solution became personal when she was diagsed with an autoimmune disease. After being told by her doctor that she could end up in a wheelchair, she realised she had to take action. This inspired a ten-year journey in which she tested conventional and alternative treatments, searched through thousands of scientific papers, and traveled the world to interview dozens of pioneering researchers from leading institutions such as Harvard and Stanford, including Jon Kabat-Zinn PhD, Brian Wansink PhD, Andrew Weil MD, and Wendy Berry Mendes PhD. She spent two years compiling all the latest evidence and her own story into one book. Discover why: * Meditation can turn off genes affecting disease * Sitting is considered the new smoking * One simple change to your diet can add years to your life * A walk in nature can boost your cancer fighting cells by more than 50% * Getting eugh sleep makes you smarter, faster and even better looking * Being positive can help you heal faster from a wound * Loneliness is on par with obesity and addiction as a leading risk factor in chronic disease And much more...From dealing with work stress, to improving your relationships at home, and picking the right doctor, understand how your mind, body, and the world around you can influence your health more than you think. This book is filled with real-world, simple, evidence-based techniques to improve your health across every aspect of your life. This is a guidebook for anyone who wants to get healthy, find balance, and live better.
- Author BiographyShannon Harvey is an investigative journalist and filmmaker from Sydney, Australia. After years of working for the leading news organisations in Australia such as ABC and Fairfax, she released her first feature documentary, The Connection, about the link between our mind, body and health in 2014. She now writes her own popular blog and for other publications such as MindBodyGreen while balancing her health, work, and being a mother to an adventurous toddler.
- Author(s)Shannon Harvey
- PublisherWhole Health Publishing
- Date of Publication05/10/2016
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintWhole Health Publishing
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.