Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe author of the acclaimed The Odyssey of Style in Ulysses here presents her thinking on James Joyce dating from that landmark work. Who's Afraid of James Joyce? is consistently erudite and thought provoking. --John Gordon, Connecticut College. Contains riches and will become an essential resource for new generations of Joyce critics looking to build on Lawrence's immense contributions to the field. The glittering intelligence of the individual pieces in this collection reminds us that each time Lawrence returns to Joyce's body of work, she manages t just to extract a creative reading, but to develop a fundamentally new way of approaching these immensely influential stories and vels. --Sean Latham, University of Tulsa. The development of Joycean studies into a respected and very large subdiscipline of modernist studies can be traced to the work of several important scholars. Among those who did the most to document Joyce's work, Karen Lawrence can easily be considered one of that elite cadre. A retrospective of decades of work on Joyce, this collection includes published journal articles, book chapters, and selections from her best kwn work (all updated and revised), along with one new essay. Featuring engaging close readings of such Joyce works as Dubliners and Ulysses, it will be a welcome addition to any serious Joycean's library and will prove extremely useful to new generations of Joyce critics looking to build on Lawrence's expansive scholarship. Both readable and lively, this work may inspire a lifetime of reading, re-reading, and teaching Joyce. Karen R. Lawrence is president of Sarah Lawrence College. She has authored and edited several other books, most recently. Transcultural Joyce.
- Author BiographyKaren R. Lawrence is president of Sarah Lawrence College. She has authored and edited several other books, most recently Transcultural Joyce.
- Author(s)Karen R. Lawrence
- PublisherUniversity Press of Florida
- Date of Publication15/06/2010
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleFlorida James Joyce
- Place of PublicationFlorida
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of Florida
- Weight499 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Series Edited bySebastian D. G. Knowles
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.