All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFaces masked, dressed in black and attacking the symbols of capitalism, Black Blocs have been transformed into an anti-globalisation media spectacle. But the popular image of the window-smashing thug hides a complex reality. Francis Dupuis-Dri outlines the origin of this international phemen, its dynamics and its goals, arguing that the use of violence always takes place in an ethical and strategic context. Who's Afraid Of The Black Blocs? lays out a comprehensive view of the Black Bloc tactic and locates it within the anarchist tradition.
- Author BiographyFrancis Dupuis-Deri is a professor of political science and a member of the Institut de recherches et d etudes feministes at the Universite du Quebec a Montreal. He has been active in anarchist-leaning collectives in Quebec, France, and the United States. He is the author of several books on social movements, feminism, and anarchism. Lazer Lederhendler is a Canadian literary translator and academic. A four-time nominee for the Governor General s Award for French to English translation, he won the award in 2008. They both live in Montreal.
- Author(s)Francis Dupuis-Deri
- PublisherPM Press
- Date of Publication16/10/2014
- SubjectPolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Place of PublicationOakland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPM Press
- Weight226 g
- Width152 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Translated byLazer Lederhendler
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.