Who's Who in Fluorescence 2003 by Springer Science+Business Media (Paperback, 2003)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $50.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe Journal of Fluorescence's first Who's Who directory is to publish the names, contact details, specialty keywords and a brief description of scientists employing fluorescence methodology and instrumentation in their working lives. In addition the directory will provide company contact details with a brief list of fluorescence related products. Nothing like this has been published before for the Fluorescence field.
- Author BiographyChris D. Geddes Ph.D., is an Associate Professor and Director of the Institute of Fluorescence, at the University of Maryland Biotechnology Institute, Medical Biotechnology Center in Baltimore, USA. He has a B.Sc. from Lancaster University in England and a Kodak funded Ph.D. in Physical Chemistry (fluorescence spectroscopy) from the University of Wales Swansea, UK. Dr Geddes is the Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Fluorescence, and both the Editor and Founding editor of the Who's Who in Fluorescence and Annual Reviews in Fluorescence Volumes. He is also Executive Director of the Society of Fluorescence. Dr Geddes's research is based on the development and subsequent application of a wide variety of fluorescence based disciplines, such as multi-photon excitation, resonance energy transfer and more recently metal-enhanced fluorescence (also termed radiative decay engineering), to understanding biologically and industrially important systems and problems. The design, synthesis and characterization of new fluorophores and macromolecular protein-nanogold assemblies has recently led to the successful development of small molecule and sensing platforms for cyanide, TNT, glucose, fluoride and pH. Other research in Dr Geddes's Institute of Fluorescence involves developing non-invasive and continuous approaches for physiological glucose monitoring. Recently Dr Geddes has developed a range of highly-sensitive glucose sensing contact lenses that can monitor tear glucose levels ( 500 m), which track blood glucose levels which are 10-fold higher. Dr. J.R. Lakowicz is Professor of Biochemistry at the University of Maryland School of Medicine and Director of the Center for Fluorescence Spectroscopy. Dr. Lakowicz has published over 400 scientific articles, has edited numerous books, holds 16 issued patents, and is the sole author of the widely used text, Principles of Fluorescence Spectroscopy, also published by Kluwer Academic/Plenum Publishers, now in its Second Edition.
- PublisherSpringer Science+Business Media
- Date of Publication31/01/2003
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKluwer Academic/Plenum Publishers
- Content Note289 black & white illustrations, 8 colour illustrations
- Weight537 g
- Width210 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byChris D. Geddes,Joseph R. Lakowicz
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2003
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.