All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSince September 11, 2001, the Bush administration has relentlessly invoked the word freedom. Al-Qaeda attacked us because they hate our freedom. The U.S. can strike preemptively because freedom is on the march. Social security should be privatized in order to protect individual freedoms. The 2005 presidential inaugural speech was a kind of crescendo: the words freedom, free, and liberty, were used forty-nine times in President Bush's twenty-minute speech.In Whose Freedom?, Lakoff surveys the political landscape and offers an essential map of the Republican battle plan that has captured the hearts and minds of Americans--and shows how progressives can fight to reinvigorate this most beloved of American political ideas.
- Author BiographyGeorge Lakoff is the author of Don't Think of an Elephant and Moral Politics, as well as many seminal books on linguistics. He lives and teaches in Berkeley, California.
- Author(s)Lakoff George
- PublisherSt Martin's Press
- SubjectPolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt Martin's Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.