All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe book provides critical perspectives that reach beyond the technical approaches of international financial institutions and proponents of the liberal peace formula. It investigates political ecomies characterized by the legacies of disruption to production and exchange, by population displacement, poverty, and by 'criminality'.
- Author BiographyMICHAEL PUGH Professor of Peace and Conflict Studies at the University of Bradford, UK, editor of the journal International Peacekeeping and the Cass Peacekeeping book series. He was a member of the ESRC-funded Transformation of War Economies team, edited Regeneration of War-torn Societies (2000), and co-authored War Economies in a Regional Context (2004). NEIL COOPER Senior Lecturer in International Relations and Security in the Department of Peace Studies at the University of Bradford, UK. His research interests include the arms trade, arms control and the political economy of civil conflicts. His recent publications include an edited special issue on war economies of Conflict, Security and Development, co-authorship of War Economies in a Regional Context: The Challenges of Transformation (2004) and articles in Security Dialogue; Contemporary Security Policy; Review of International Studies and Development and Change. MANDY TURNER Lecturer in the Department of Peace Studies, University of Bradford, UK. She is assistant editor of International Peacekeeping and has published articles on peacebuilding, regulating the trade in conflict goods, diasporas and peacebuilding, and statebuilding in Palestine in Conflict, Security and Development, Democratization, Journal of Corporate Citizenship, The World Today and The Guardian.
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication31/10/2008
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Series TitleNew Security Challenges
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight803 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byMandy Turner,Michael C. Pugh,Neil Cooper
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.