All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen it comes to animals and nature, there is end to our curiosity. Around ten thousand questions a year land on LarsAke Janzon's desk at the Swedish Museum of Natural History. In this sequel to the successful book How Long Can a Fly Fly?, Janzon responds to nutty questions, freak happenings, and odd observations with interesting facts and explanations. You can learn about snake sex, animals' brightly colored warning signals, and why a vulture was arrested in Saudi Arabia on suspicion of being an Israeli spy. You can find out the facts behind the headlines about Thailand's poisous jellyfish and the killer sharks of Sharm el-Sheikh. For over ten years, Janzon has been researching the answers to questions like: What color will a chameleon turn if it lies on a chessboard?; Why are flounders flat? How do sea urchins make love?; How did wolves become big and bad?; Why do animals migrate across Africa?; Which animal has the longest tongue?; Do fish spit?; and Why are polar bears white? In addition to answering these and many other questions, Janzon breaks down scientific termilogy, lists animal stats, debunks myths, and answers all sorts of did-you-kws you never even thought to ask about nature and evolution. Written with warm humor and educational zeal and accompanied by Lukas Mollersten's imaginative illustrations, this fun and educational book is perfect for all ages of readers with a casual interest in understanding just a little bit more about nature.
- Author BiographyLars-Ake Janzon is a biologist at the Swedish Museum of Natural History in Stockholm. He enjoys research in the lab and in the field, where he often helps students identify their natural findings. He has made numerous television and radio appearances in Sweden to discuss biology and nature and has published many articles on his findings.
- Author(s)Lars-Ake Janzon
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication08/08/2013
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Content Note139 illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width128 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.