All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMergers and acquisitions are part of the fabric of business and ecomic life: they help drive growth in companies of all sizes. Most executives will at some point in their careers experience a takeover, as buyer, seller or intermediary. Yet, despite M&A's obvious attractions, deals often fall short of expectations and, in extreme cases, can go disastrously wrong, with devastating consequences. From their unique perspective as practitioners and researchers, Faelten, Driessen and Moeller have seen it all when it comes to M&A, and they've used this experience to develop their Three Big Mistakes of Deal-Making. Using case studies from a wide range of companies, many household names (Diageo, BMW, Microsoft, Kraft, HP and even Manchester United), and for deals ranging from the highly to the less successful to the downright questionable, Why Deals Fail offers both a commentary on the inexorable tendency for companies to merge, for good or ill, and a guide to the benefits and pitfalls of M&A as a growth strategy. The result is a fascinating insight into why some deals work and why others go awry for anyone interested in how the corporate world works, or contemplating or facing a merger or acquisition themselves.
- Author BiographyAnna Faelten is a corporate finance advisor at EY, advising firms when raising and investing capital, and a visiting lecturer at Cass Business School. Michel Driessen is a senior partner at EY and a senior fellow at Cass Business School. During his career he has lead over 100 multi-billion pound transactions. Scott Moeller is a professor at Cass Business School and director of the M&A Research Centre. He is a former investment banker with Morgan Stanley and Deutsche Bank.
- Author(s)Anna Faelten,Michel Driessen,Scott Moeller
- PublisherProfile Books Ltd
- Date of Publication26/10/2016
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEconomist Books
- Weight275 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $73.88Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.