All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGrowing up poor, fatherless and unwanted in a small Canadian town in the 1950s, Patricia Barton had plenty be sorry about. Spitting out the host at her Holy Communion it seemed that she had even failed God. After years of abuse and neglect, Patricia ran away from home at the age of 13, searching for her father and a better life. Instead she finds herself in an orphanage, alone and abandoned again. Refusing to give up on her dreams, her persistence and passion for learning win her a scholarship. At 16, when released from the Home, she goes to live with her older sister in a tiny room. Life still has challenges but she is making her own way. Patricia's journey is a heart-warming and at times confronting. It is a series of adventures - picaresque, interesting and sometimes even bizarre - but through it all she never loses sight of her dreams. She wins a beauty contest, travels to Europe, becomes an actress and moves to Australia with her new husband where she becomes a successful model and furthers her education. Where she once seemed destined to be homeless and alone she has w built a fulfilling life in the 'Lucky Country' with a dream home, opportunities and family of her own. A beautifully written and inspiring memoir, Why God Hates Me is the before and after story of a gutsy teenager who succeeds despite the odds. It is a story that shows what can happen when you claim responsibility for your own happiness and let hope and optimism shine through. It is a Cinderella story that has stood the test of time with the ultimate prize - happiness!
- Author BiographyPatricia Barton always wanted to be a writer. At 12 she wrote a column for the local paper and her love of writing began. Knowing that she was living a most unusual life, she wanted to write her story to inspire others. She started a Professional Writing course with RMIT and she finished with a BA in communication and an MA in English. She studied with Patti Miller in Paris, and Cath Hammond, Beth Yahp, Dr. Barbara Brooks and Bryce Courtenay. Her second book The Green Dress is underway.
- Author(s)Patricia Barton
- PublisherBig Sky Publishing
- Date of Publication01/04/2013
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationNewport, NSW
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintBig Sky Publishing
- Width155 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.