All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionAvailable in English for the first time, this engaging and enlightening biography of John Paul II argues the case that the late pope's life and deeds make him a worthy saint. A number-one best seller in Italy, Why He Is a Saint is an account of the late pope's life, highlighting his deep Christian faith, his dedication to the Church, and his role in bringing down communism. This book delves deeply into Pope John Paul's spiritual essence, through the unprecedented light of the investigation into whether he merits sainthood. Why He Is a Saint reveals the pope's life through vivid, intimate anecdotes. Among the book's startling revelations are his thoughts of retirement as his health declined, and the fact that he practiced the ancient ritual of daily self-flagellation. The book includes both unpublished as well as public correspondence, such as the open letter of forgiveness to Ali Agka, his attempted assassin. It also examines the pope's severe acts of penitence and documents his miracles. This impassioned plea in favor of canizing the pope as a saint has proven to be of profound interest to Catholics worldwide, as well as to anyone interested in faith and spirituality.
- Author BiographyMonsignor Slawomir Oder was one of the first Polish priests ordained after the collapse of communism in 1989, making him a true beneficiary of Pope John Paul II's courageous anti-Soviet efforts. Since September 2001 he has been Judicial Vicar of the Appellation Tribunal of the Vicariate of Rome. He now leads the campaign to canonize Pope John Paul II. Saverio Gaeta, formerly of the Vatican newspaper L'Osservatore Romano, is now editor-in-chief of Famiglia Christiana. He has authored books on major Catholic figures, including Mother Teresa and Padre Pio.
- Author(s)Saverio Gaeta,Slawomir Oder
- PublisherRizzoli International Publications
- Date of Publication23/11/2010
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRizzoli International Publications
- Weight399 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.