Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionWhy Men Rebel was first published in 1970 after a decade of political violence across the world. Forty years later, serious conflicts continue in Africa, Asia and the Middle East. Ted Robert Gurr reintroduces us to his landmark work, putting it in context with the research it influenced as well as world events. Why Men Rebel remains highly relevant to today's violent and unstable world with its holistic, people-based understanding of the causes of political protest and rebellion. With its close eye on the politics of group identity, this book provides new insight into contemporary security challenges.
- Author BiographyTed Robert Gurr is former Director of the Minorities at Risk Project and Emeritus Distinguished University Professor in the Department of Government & Politics at the University of Maryland. He is author of numerous books and articles including Peoples vs. States: Minorities at Risk in the New Century (2000).
- Author(s)Ted Robert Gurr
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication25/01/2012
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white line drawings, figures
- Weight612 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.