Why Motivating People Doesn't Work... and What Does by Susan L. Fowler (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $30.19Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $22.88+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTop consultant, trainer, and coach Susan Fowler says stop trying to motivate people! It's frustrating for everyone involved and it just doesn't work. You can't motivate people-they are already motivated, but generally in superficial and short-term ways. Applying recent, often surprising psychological discoveries she lays out a tested model, and course of action that will help leaders guide their people towards the kinds of motivation that t only increases productivity and engagement but that gives them a profound sense of purpose and fulfillment. Fowler argues that leaders still depend on traditional carrot and stick techniques because they haven't understood their alternatives and don't kw what skills are necessary to apply the new science of motivation. Her Optimal Motisuvation process shows leaders how to move people away from dependence on external rewards and help them discover how their jobs can meet their deeper psychological needs-for automy, relatedness, and competence-that science tells us result in meaningful and sustainable motivation. Susan Fowler's book is the groundbreaking answer for leaders who want to get motivation right!
- Author BiographySusan Fowler is on a quest to help leaders at all levels flourish as they succeed. Widely known as one of the foremost experts on motivation and personal empowerment, Susan gained her knowledge through extensive experience in business, advertising, sales, production, marketing, executive and lifestyle coaching, and leadership training in all fifty states and forty foreign countries with clients as diverse as Google, Harley- Davidson, Kawasaki, Pfizer, Merck, T.J. Maxx, Reitmans of Canada, National Basketball Association, AkzoNobel, and Apple. Susan is the coauthor of the innovative Optimal Motivation experiences for The Ken Blanchard Companies as well as the creator and lead developer of Situational Self Leadership, the organization's best-of-class self-leadership and personal empowerment program. She was given the Lifetime Achievement Award for instructional design from the North American Simulations and Gaming Association. Susan is the coauthor of three books with Ken Blanchard: Self Leadership and the One Minute Manager, Leading at a Higher Level, and Empowerment. She coauthored Achieve Leadership Genius, The Team Leader's Idea-a-Day Guide, and Good Leaders, Good Shepherds. She also authored the audio programs Overcoming Procrastination and Mentoring. Susan lives with her husband, Drea Zigarmi, in San Diego, USA, where she is a senior consulting partner for the Ken Blanchard Companies, a leadership consultant and coach; and a professor in the Master of Science in Executive Leadership program at the University of San Diego, USA. Susan is a rotating board member for Angel Faces, a nonprofit organization serving adolescent girls with severe burn trauma and disfigurements.
- Author(s)Susan L. Fowler
- Date of Publication01/10/2014
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notefigures
- Weight426 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Foreword byKen Blanchard
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.