About this product
- DescriptionHave you ever wondered what is going on right above your head? Space is closer than you think and you'll be surprised by how much it affects your life on Earth. So get on board and join this eye-opening journey into the solar system to discover how and why space matters to you. Astrophysicist Colin Stuart gives talks to more than 10,000 children every year so he kws what exactly what intrigues and puzzles children about space, and he has had lots of experience explaining big concepts in a simple but engaging way. Covering topics such as stardust, weather, seasons, tides, navigation and more, Colin explains the many ways that space is linked to life on Earth. Information is presented in a captivating and personable way, and this unique angle on a popular subject builds on the natural curiosity that children have about the world around them.
- Author BiographyColin Stuart is a space geek who regularly gives talks about the stars to all ages. A Fellow of the Royal Astronomical Society and a prolific science writer, he has written for outlets including New Scientist, The Guardian, The Observer and European Space Agency. As well as being responsible for the most watched science video on YouTube, he has discussed astronomy on BBC News, Sky News and CNN, as well as BBC Radio 5Live. He has also climbed the biggest radio telescope in the UK, seen the death mask of Sir Isaac Newton and abseiled his old school's science block for charity. Nick is half English half Swedish and currently lives in Manchester, England. His love for illustration grew from skateboarding in the 80s, where colourful artwork adorned skate decks and magazine design began to break new ground. Nick graduated from Croydon College with a BA (Hons) in Graphic Design and went on to work for wide range of agencies in London, working on advertising and design projects. Since 2008 Nick has worked independently as a graphic designer and illustrator. His unique illustration style is hand crafted, incorporating both typography and photographic montage.
- Author(s)Colin Stuart
- PublisherEgmont UK Ltd
- Date of Publication07/05/2015
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEgmont Books Ltd
- Out-of-print date24/11/2015
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight427 g
- Width222 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Illustrator(s)Nick Chaffe
- Interest AgeFrom 8
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.