All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionShopping: there's a lot more to it if you kw how to look. We speed up when we walk past a bank (thing to look at, of course), so if you don't want your customers to shoot straight past you, don't open your shop next to a bank. And once you've lured them in, whatever you do, don't put key items just inside the door. This is decompression zone where we take the five to 15 paces we need to adjust to the shop's lighting and slow down from rmal walking pace to browsing. And don't ever put menswear at the back of the shop; male customers don't like having to walk through womenswear. And while we're in womenswear, don't place goods that require close scrutiny in narrow aisles. Your female customers will leave if they are brushed or kcked by passing shoppers. Understanding the science of shopping is fascinating, but it can be hugely profitable. By using state-of-the-art observational techniques and research methods grounded in anthropology and environmental psychology, Paco Underhill uncovers the secrets that have made him the retail industry's most sought-after adviser, with clients including McDonald's, Levi-Strauss, Coca-Cola and Sony. Why We Buy is essential reading for anyone involved in the business of consumer products and is a hugely entertaining read for all of us who have that one thing in common. We shop.
- Author BiographyPaco Underhill is the founder of Envirosell, a research and consulting practice specialising in consumer shopping patterns and retail strategies. His clients include Calvin Klein, Hallmark Cards, Microsoft, Burger King, and Blockbuster Entertainment.
- Author(s)Paco Underhill
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication30/12/2000
- SubjectSales & Marketing
- Place of PublicationFlorence
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTexere Publishing
- Out-of-print date17/08/2005
- Content Notediagrams and tables
- Weight274 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.