All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn eye-opening, myth-shattering examination of what makes us fat, from acclaimed science writer Gary Taubes.
In his New York Times best seller, Good Calories, Bad Calories, Taubes argued that our diet's overemphasis on certain kinds of carbohydrates-- t fats and t simply excess calories--has led directly to the obesity epidemic we face today. The result of thorough research, keen insight, and unassailable common sense, Good Calories, Bad Calories immediately stirred controversy and acclaim among academics, journalists, and writers alike. Michael Pollan heralded it as a vitally important book, destined to change the way we think about food.
Building upon this critical work in Good Calories, Bad Calories and presenting fresh evidence for his claim, Taubes w revisits the urgent question of what's making us fat--and how we can change--in this exciting new book. Persuasive, straightforward, and practical, Why We Get Fat makes Taubes's crucial argument newly accessible to a wider audience.
Taubes reveals the bad nutritional science of the last century, ne more damaging or misguided than the calories-in, calories-out model of why we get fat, and the good science that has been igred, especially regarding insulin's regulation of our fat tissue. He also answers the most persistent questions: Why are some people thin and others fat? What roles do exercise and genetics play in our weight? What foods should we eat, and what foods should we avoid?
Packed with essential information and concluding with an easy-to-follow diet, Why We Get Fat is an invaluable key in our understanding of an international epidemic and a guide to what each of us can do about it.
From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Gary Taubes
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Weight240 g
- Width132 mm
- Height151 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Read byMike Chamberlain
- Contained items statement7 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time480
Best-selling in Audio Books
- AU $46.25New
- AU $27.33New
- AU $18.19New
- AU $31.54New
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.08Trending at AU $35.96
- AU $25.81Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $47.23Trending at AU $51.14
- AU $18.49Trending at AU $20.22
- AU $27.36Trending at AU $35.96
- AU $27.76Trending at AU $50.74
- AU $31.73Trending at AU $36.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.