All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom its beginnings as a small studio in the 1920s, the Disney Company has become one of the most influential organizations in the world of entertainment. Why We Love Disney examines the influence of the Walt Disney Company and the reasons for Disney's universal appeal. Starting with the early days of Walt Disney, the book examines the company's evolution, and discusses the products and services Disney has created and marketed over the years to build its brand. Chapters focus on different elements of Disney - from characters and theme parks to music and home entertainment - to offer the reader a clear overview of the organization's history, products, management, and marketing practices. An examination of the many facets of Disney clearly shows the strategic steps the company has taken over the years to build its brand and make itself one of the major forces in the entertainment industry.
- Author BiographyAndi Stein is Associate Professor in the Department of Communications at California State University, Fullerton. She worked as a journalist and public relations practitioner for 16 years prior to becoming a professor. Stein is the co-author of News Writing in a Multimedia World (2004) and An Introduction to the Entertainment Industry (Peter Lang, 2009). She has a BA from George Washington University, an MA from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and a PhD from the University of Oregon.
- Author(s)Andi Stein
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication10/02/2011
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2011
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Note99, ill.
- Weight420 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.