Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionWhy We Teach Now dares to challenge current tions of what it means to be a highly qualified teacher a la No Child Left Behind, and demonstrates the depth of commitment and care teachers bring to their work with students, families, and communities. This sequel to Nieto's popular book, Why We Teach, features powerful stories of classroom teachers from across the country as they give witness to their hopes and struggles to teach our nation's children. Why We Teach Now offers us the voices of teachers like 42-year veteran Mary Ginley, who wonders, Why would anyone with any brains and imagination ever want to be a teacher? Who then answers her own question affirmatively, It's because somehow, even today, even with all the insanity, all the rules, all the poorly designed textbooks, all the directives to teach to the test, there are kids out there who need good teachers. At a time when politicians, policymakers, and philanthropists are quick to denigrate teachers' work and arrogantly speak for the profession,Why We Teach Now offers teachers the room and respect to speak for themselves. Once again, Nieto gives teachers and those who care about education the inspiration and energy to embrace their role as advocates-a role that is vital t only for the well-being of students but also for the future of the profession and our nation.
- Author BiographySonia Nieto is professor emerita of language, literacy, and culture at the College of Education, University of Massachusetts, USA. She is the bestselling author of The Light in Their Eyes, 10th Anniversary Edition, Why We Teach, and What Keeps Teachers Going?
- PublisherTeachers' College Press
- Date of Publication30/10/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTeachers' College Press
- Width156 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited bySonia Nieto
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.