All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough many older Catholics are familiar with the cult of the saints, veneration of saints is for many younger Catholics a lost tradition. Yet this remarkably clear, deeply researched book offers a path through biblical, historical, and systematic aspects of the communion of saints in which those canized play special roles. This study follows Vatican II's view of the saints as companions, models, and intercessors--that the saints guide us through both the inspiration of their holy lives and their roles in the afterlife. With a comprehensive introduction to the Catholic Church's history of venerating saints, each subsequent study emphasizes the rediscovery of the meaning of veneration and is designed for both academic instruction and personal use. Each chapter also includes a list of important terms and suggestions for additional reading.
- Author BiographyPatricia A. Sullivan is Associate Professor of Theology at Saint Anselm College in Manchester, New Hampshire.
- Author(s)Patricia A. Sullivan
- PublisherCrossroad Publishing Co ,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/05/2012
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCrossroad Publishing Co ,U.S.
- Weight388 g
- Width152 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.20Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.65
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.