All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $31.07New
- AU $21.61New
- AU $43.96New
- AU $25.09New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.48Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $79.46
- AU $72.93Trending at AU $75.10
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $83.32
- AU $59.72Trending at AU $61.98
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.89
- AU $22.30Trending at AU $22.95
About this product
- DescriptionWHY? A Novel Inspired by a true story. On Christmas Eve, 1971, Flight 153 departed from Houston, Texas, carrying 140 people bound for Rio de Janeiro. Flight 153 never reached its destination. It seemed to vanish into thin air. The plane caught up in a large thunderstorm, is forced to veer hundreds of miles off course and crashes in the jungle approximately ten miles west of the Xingu River. The Xingu River is nine hundred mile long, infested with alligators, snakes, and blood sucking insects, man-eating fish and hostile Indians An Anthropologist, a female executive headhunter, a used car salesman, an embezzling lawyer, a young catholic nun, a Hispanic construction worker, a coffee bean salesman, a pilot, two elderly women and a US Marine just returning from the war in Vietnam, survived the crash. Their survival equipment consist of a rescue raft, a couple of machetes, a flair gun and simple first aid kit. Only the Marine, Billy Sunday, has experienced the jungle before. Billy who is suffering from survivor's guilt and flashback of the Vietnam War, would struggle to lead the group of misfit survivors out of the jungle alive.
- Author BiographyAbout the Author Alex lives with his wife, Janice, in Pine, Colorado, atop Pine Valley, which looks down onto Pikes Peak and its surrounding range of mountains. He has been a hairdresser for the last 35 years and attributes much of his writing creativity to his vast client base that he has been privileged to serve over the years. Alex started his career as a hairdresser in a small town just north of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, where most of his clientele were involved in the steel industry. This gave him a very rich and colorful view of life through the eyes of the blue-collar working man. After the decline of the steel industry, Alex moved to Evergreen, Colorado, in 1983, which led him to the opposite end of the spectrum, where his clients were mainly high-level executives. Listening to the views, interests, and opinions of such a variety of people, along with his genuine love of books, has awakened his desire to write, opening yet another chapter of life that Alex hopes to enjoy for years to come. Why? Is Alex's third published book. His other two titles are Bonding a Rizzo family Vacation and Schoolhouse.
- Author(s)Alex Lizzi Jr
- Date of Publication16/01/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight376 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.