All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJocelyne Cesari examines the idea that Islam might threaten the core values of the West through testimonies from Muslims in France, Germany, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, and the US. Her book is an unprecedented exploration of Muslim religious and political life based on several years of field work in Europe and in the United States.
- Author BiographyJocelyne Cesari, is a political scientist, specializing in contemporary Islamic societies, globalization and democratization. She is Senior Research Fellow at the Berkley Center for Peace, Religion and World Affairs at Georgetown University. At Harvard University, she directs the international research program called 'Islam in the West. She has written numerous articles and books on Islam, Globalization, Democratization and Secularism in Western and Muslim-majority contexts. Her most recent publications include Encyclopedia of Islam in the United States (2007), Muslims in the West After 9/11: Religion, Politics and Law (2010), and The Awakening of Muslim Democracy: Religion, Modernity and the State (2013).
- Author(s)Jocelyne Cesari
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication25/07/2013
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleCulture and Religion in International Relations
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note28 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight467 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.