All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
About this product
- DescriptionFocusing on its recent proliferation in hospital systems, Wi-Fi Enabled Healthcare explains how Wi-Fi is transforming clinical work flows and infusing new life into the types of mobile devices being implemented in hospitals. Drawing on first-hand experiences from one of the largest healthcare systems in the United States, it covers the key areas associated with wireless network design, security, and support. Reporting on cutting-edge developments and emerging standards in Wi-Fi techlogies, the book explores security implications for each device type. It covers real-time location services and emerging trends in cloud-based wireless architecture. It also outlines several options and design consideration for employee wireless coverage, voice over wireless (including smart phones), mobile medical devices, and wireless guest services. This book presents authoritative insight into the challenges that exist in adding Wi-Fi within a healthcare setting. It explores several solutions in each space along with design considerations and pros and cons. It also supplies an in-depth look at voice over wireless, mobile medical devices, and wireless guest services. The authors provide readers with the technical kwhow required to ensure their systems provide the reliable, end-to-end communications necessary to surmount today's challenges and capitalize on new opportunities. The shared experience and lessons learned provide essential guidance for large and small healthcare organizations in the United States and around the world. This book is an ideal reference for network design engineers and high-level hospital executives that are thinking about adding or improving upon Wi-Fi in their hospitals or hospital systems.
- Author BiographyAli Youssef CPHIMS, CWNE #133 is a member of the mHIMSS advisory council and the AAMI Wireless Strategy Task Force. He is currently working as a Senior Solutions Architect at Henry Ford Health System. He holds a Bachelor's degree in Biomedical Engineering from Worcester Polytechnic Institute, and has CWSP, CWDP, CWAP, PMP, CPHIMS, and ITILV3 certifications. Ali has over 14 years of experience with medical device design, network architecture, and project management. He is a passionate advocate for mHealth growth and adoption, and has written many articles and given talks about this topic. You can reach out to Ali on twitter @ayousse1 Bob Zemke CPHIMS, CISSP is the Healthcare Solutions Manager at Extreme Networks and a member of the Association of Medical Instrumentation Wireless Strategy Task Force (WSTF). Bob has degrees in Telecommunications Management from Western Michigan University and a Master's degree in telecommunications and network management from Syracuse University's prestigious iSchool. An IT professional with a broad span of experience in healthcare, Bob has been practicing and consulting in healthcare IT for over 15 years of experience in network design, deployment and management for hospital organizations globally. You can reach Bob on twitter @bobzemke Doug McDonald CPHIMS, CWSP is the Wireless Network Manager for Henry Ford Health System in Rochester Hills, Michigan. He is responsible for over 7 million square feet of hospital grade wireless Infrastructure. He holds a Bachelor's degree in Information Technology and Services Management from Michigan State University and is currently pursuing an Executive MBA at Oakland University. Doug has fifteen years of experience as an IT professional. A member on the mHIMSS task force and coauthor of the mHIMSS roadmap, he holds a number of certifications including CPHIMS, CWNA, CWSP, CWDP, and ITILV3. You can reach Doug on twitter @DougRMcDonald Jon Linton CWNE #89 is a Senior Wireless Architect at Henry Ford Health System. He holds a BS in Management from Kettering University and is one of the first 100 Certified Wireless Experts in the CWNP organization. Jon also holds the ITILV3 certification. He has been active in publishing articles, presenting webinars and writing blog posts on all things Wi-Fi. You can reach Jon on twitter @wifisamuri Aaron Earle CRISC, CISSP, CISA, CISM, CCNP, MCP, A+, Net+, and Security + has been securing computer and network systems for over a decade. In this time he has accumulated thirty five certifications and two corporations. Aaron Earle has been involved with System Auditing, Vulnerability Assessment, Security Architecture, and Corporate Policy Writing. Aaron is an avid speaker and instructor for many security organizations worldwide. He has taught for prestigious security organizations such as Computer Security Institute (CSI) and Information Systems Security Association (ISSA). Aaron has also instructed personnel from almost every United States three or four letter government agency including NSA, FBI, and DOD. Aaron Earle's talent has taken him around the world informing, educating, and safeguarding governments and companies alike. You can reach Aaron at email@example.com
- Author(s)Aaron E. Earle,Ali Youssef,Bob Zemke,Douglas McDonald,Jon Linton
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication19/02/2014
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAuerbach Publishers Inc.
- Content Note55 black & white illustrations
- Weight566 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.