All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $128.00Trending at AU $198.07
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $166.93
- AU $26.64Trending at AU $29.25
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.22
- AU $46.87Trending at AU $52.20
- AU $14.90Trending at AU $23.53
- AU $35.75Trending at AU $44.19
About this product
- DescriptionWill could walk a tightrope and juggle bananas as he went. 'One day you'll be the star of a circus,' his mother told him. 'But until then, you must be a secret.' For each year pirates came to the islands to steal young boys for their crew. And if that happened to you, well, you may as well kiss your life goodbye. So what's a young lad to do when his mother disappears and pirates arrive at his door? Will takes courage from a crazy truth-telling parrot, and his mother's advice: 'Keep putting one foot in front of the other and your eyes on the prize.' But will this be eugh to survive the perils at sea? And will that infuriatingly polite boy called Horrendo finally tip the balance? A high-seas pirate adventure about scoundrels and blaggards, devilish treachery, and finding the most precious treasure of all.
- Author BiographyAnna Fienberg is the author of many popular and award-winning books for children of all ages, including the Tashi series, Figaro and Rumba, Louis Beside Himself, Number 8 and Horrendo's Curse, which was an Honour Book in the 2003 CBCA awards...Anna began writing stories when she was only eight years old. She says: 'I've always had a passion for words. I used to collect them, like some people collect stamps. Certain words gave me a special, billionaire feeling, and when uttered, seemed to have a magical effect.' She also gets her ideas from her dreams, people she meets and snatches of overheard conversation...Anna was once Editor of School Magazine, where she read over a thousand books a year. She wrote plays and stories for the magazine, and then began writing her own stories. She has written picture books, short stories, junior novels, and fiction for young adults...
- Author(s)Anna Fienberg
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication01/03/2016
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintAllen & Unwin Children's Books
- Weight249 g
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Interest AgeFrom 8
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.