All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a compact yet comprehensive treatment of advanced data-driven signal processing techniques for the analysis and characterization of both ambient power system data and transient oscillations resulting from major disturbances. Inspired by recent developments in multi-sensor data fusion, multi-temporal data assimilation techniques for power system monitoring are proposed and tested in the context of modern wide-area monitoring system architectures. Recent advances in understanding and modeling nlinear, time-varying power system processes are reviewed and factors affecting the performance these techniques are discussed. A number of algorithms and examples are presented throughout the text as an aid to understanding the basic material provided. Challenges involved in realistic monitoring, visualization and analysis of actual disturbance events are emphasized and examples of applications to a wide range of power networks are provided. Topics covered include: wide-area monitoring and analysis systems; wide-area monitoring system architectures; spatio-temporal modeling of power system dynamic processes; advanced data processing and feature extraction; multi-sensor multitemporal data fusion; monitoring the status of the system; near real-time analysis and monitoring; and interpretation and visualization of wide-area PMU measurements. This book will be of interest to students, researchers and engineers involved in the study, design, analysis and control of power systems.
- Author BiographyProfessor Messina is on the editorial and advisory boards of Electric Power Systems Research, IEEE Trans on Power Systems, and Electric Power Components and Systems. A Fellow of the IEEE, he is the editor of Advanced Wide-Area Angle Stability and Voltage Control (2011, Nova Science Publishers, Inc) and Interarea Oscillations in Power Systems: A Nonlinear and Nonstationary Perspective (Springer, 2009).
- Author(s)Arturo Roman Messina
- PublisherInstitution of Engineering and Technology
- Date of Publication14/05/2015
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Series TitleEnergy Engineering
- Place of PublicationStevenage
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintInstitution of Engineering and Technology
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.