All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWild Animals I Have Kwn by Ernest Thompson Seton is a stirring account of the lives of eight wild animals, including Lobo (the king of Currumpaw), Silverspot (a crow), Raggylug (a cottontail rabbit), Bingo (a dog), a fox, a mustang; Wully (a yaller dog), and Redruff (a partridge). Seton's ability to identify with the wildlife he studied and write touching, exciting mini-dramas is enhanced by his role as an observer who did t inject himself as a foreign influence in their lives. Wild Animals I have Kwn is a wonderful collection of stories about animals and their fascinating ways that touches the hearts of young and old. There are happy endings in this book, because the moral is that animals always die tragic deaths. But if you want to learn the laws of nature and better understand animals and their ways, the accounts hunter-trapper Ernest Thompson Seton, as shared in Wild Animals I Have Kwn, will reward you with hours of enchanted reading.
- Author BiographyErnest Thompson Seton was born in South Shields, Durham, England, in 1860. His family emigrated to Canada in 1866 and settled near Lindsay, Ontario. Four years later they moved to Toronto, where Seton received his early education. He graduated from the Ontario College of Art in 1879 and pursued further studies at the Royal Academy in England, and at l'Academie Julian in Paris. Seton returned to Canada in 1881 and joined his brother on a homestead near Carberry, Manitoba. There he made extensive notes on the behaviour of animals and birds, complementing his studies as a naturalist with commissioned work as an illustrator and painter. His first collection of animal stories, Wild Animals I Have Known (1898), won immediate critical and popular acclaim, and was followed in the next four decades by more than thirty volumes of such fiction. Seton founded a youth organization, the League of Woodcraft Indians, and in 1910 joined Lord Baden-Powell in establishing the Boy Scouts of America. In the same year, he wrote the Boy Scouts of America Official Manual.
- Author(s)Ernest Thompson Seton
- Date of Publication07/02/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.85Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.