All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.28
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $2.99Trending at AU $5.64
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.45
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $31.21
- AU $21.44Trending at AU $27.17
- AU $23.02Trending at AU $23.48
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a fabulous collection of eight wildlife books with fascinating facts and over 1600 amazing photographs. Find out fantastic facts about your favourite animals in this collection of eight books. It helps you learn all about bears and pandas, big cats, elephants, monkeys, sharks, snakes, whales and dolphins, and wolves. It offers a fascinating exploration of the incredible wildlife of land and sea: habitats, hunting, communication, reproduction and survival. It helps you investigate how animals work and compare how they have uniquely adapted to their environments. It provides over 1600 fabulous colour photographs, illustrations and inside-view artworks of nature in the wild Children love animals, and love to learn about them. This set of eight books lets children find all their animal favourites in an enjoyable, easy and captivating way, by laying out the information in the form of fun facts, focus features, folklore and myth boxes, 'Did You Kw?' highlights, and bite-sized lessons of all kinds. It enables you to discover amazing facts about animal bodies and behaviour. For example, did you kw that a lion will cleverly flip a porcupine on its back to avoid the sharp spines, that the blue whale's tongue weighs as much as an African elephant, or that rock pythons can kill and eat crocodiles? Every volume in this collection examines each animal in turn and takes a detailed look at how they function, from their physical make-up such as bones, teeth, skin, scales or fur to how they use their brain and senses to find food, communicate and survive. Thousands of fascinating animal facts are accessible in one place with this exciting and colourful set of books. It is an invaluable read for all young natural history enthusiasts, supporting school studies on animal biology and behaviour. Ideal for home study or school use, these are stimulating and accessible reference books for all 8- to 12-year-olds.
- Author BiographyBarbara Taylor is a children's author of information books. Dr Jen Green has been writing natural history books for 15 years. Michael Bright has written many natural history books. Rhonda Klevansky is a photographer and writer specializing in South America. Robin Kerrod is a children's author of science and natural history. Tom Jackson is an experienced author of natural history and science books.
- Author(s)Barbara Taylor,Michael Bright,Rhonda Klevansky,Robin Kerrod,Tom Jackson
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication04/10/2011
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationLeicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArmadillo Books
- Content Noteover 1600 colour photographs
- Weight1588 g
- Width168 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine48 mm
- Contained items statement8 Paperbacks
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.