Save on Fiction Books
- AU $52.63Trending at AU $53.55
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.69
- AU $89.19Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $24.72
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.25
About this product
- DescriptionTheir love rides on a spring and a prayer...During the recent Civil War, a soldier risked his life to save Jonathan Handleston-and lost. With the help of an advanced metal brace on his crippled hand, Jon w travels from one poker tournament to the next, determined to earn eugh money to repay the man's debt. Prosperity Ridge is supposed to be the last stop on his quest, but his brace is broken and he needs an engineer to repair the delicate mechanisms. The only one available is Samantha Weatherly, a beautiful amaly in a world ruled by men. Sam is fool. Jon is different from any other gambler-except for his amazing prosthetic. Despite a demanding project to win a critical contract to develop an iron horse, she succumbs to the lure of working on the delicate mechanisms. And working with the handsome Englishman. Like a spring being coiled, Samantha and Jon are inexorably drawn together. Sam begins to realize hor wears many faces, and she becomes the light at the end of Jon's journey to redemption. The only monkey wrench is Victor, a rival gambler who will stop at thing to make sure Jon misses the tournament. Even destroy Jon's and Sam's lives. Warning: Contains crazed card games, gears and springs galore and a wild ride that'll have you panting at the end of the book.
- Author BiographySheryl Nantus was born in Montreal, Canada and grew up in Toronto, Canada. A rabid reader almost from birth, she attended Sheridan College in Oakville, graduating in 1984 with a diploma in Media Arts Writing. She met Martin Nantus through the online fanfiction community in 1993 and moved to the United States in 2000 in order to marry. A firm believer in the healing properties of peppermint and chai, she continues to write short stories, poetry and novels while searching for the perfect cuppa. Wild Cards and Iron Horses is her fourth published title.
- Author(s)Sheryl Nantus
- PublisherSamhain Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication05/07/2011
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Place of PublicationStow
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSamhain Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight352 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.