All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a celebration of the wildlife and landscapes of Britain's most vital wildlife habitats - those that make up our coastline. Sheer limestone crags resound with the voices of thousands of bickering seabirds; endless acres of estuarine mud are packed with squirming invertebrates that sustain thousands of wading birds. In between are the dazzling chalk outcrops of the south coast with glorious floral communities on the clifftop meadows, shingle beaches where terns and plovers hide their eggs among the stones, and dune systems bound together with marram grass and supporting a unique and fragile ecosystem. Rocky shores harbour microcosms of marine life when the retreating tide leaves rockpools exposed for our exploration, and even the rowdiest seaside towns have their own special wildlife alongside the wild nightlife. Grand-scale colour photos bring the wild coast and its inhabitants to life, while the text tells you what you'll see and where, from Land's End to John O'Groats via the scenic route. Beautifully illustrated with colour photographs and authoritative text, this book is a celebration of the wilder aspects of the UK's coasts.
- Author BiographyMarianne Taylor is a writer, photographer and illustrator. She is the author of RSPB British Birds of Prey, RSPB British Birdfinder, Owls, RSPB Seabirds and Dragonflight among many other publications.
- Author(s)Marianne Taylor
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication21/05/2015
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Content NoteMore than 200 full-colour photographs of coastal landscapes, wildlife and their habitats
- Weight1027 g
- Width210 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsImitation cloth
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.87
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.10Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.