All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an inspiring selection of recipes for game lovers. It includes ways to cook all types of feathered game, such as teal, wood pigeon, woodcock, snipe, grouse quail, guinea fowl, partridge, duck, pheasant, goose and turkey. Recipes for furred and large game include venison, wild boar, wild goat and kid, rabbit, hare and grey squirrel. Dishes range from classics such as roast woodcock with fried bread, game chips and watercress; salmis of quail; and a wonderful traditional rabbit and game pie, to contemporary interpretations like wild boar, chickpea, saffron and pepper stew; and seared venison carpaccio. All recipes come with step-by-step instructions and beautiful photographs of the finished dish. This book offers a complete collection of game recipes, whether you are cooking your own hard won kill, or have a field-fresh purchase from a butcher or game merchant. There are chapters on feathered game; deer, boar and goat; and finally small furred game, and each section includes recipes from the very simple to the sophisticated. The recipes feature both classic and contemporary dishes, with traditional roast birds, terrines and casseroles alongside modern creations such as squirrel skewers and venison chilli, or sticky wild boar ribs with Boston baked beans. With dishes suitable for cooks of all levels of experience, from a simple salad to a raised pie, this tempting cookbook shows how to make the very best of wild, healthy and wonderfully delicious game.
- Author BiographyAndy Parle is a chef with 25years' experience, working in various high-quality establishments including, among others, two Michelin-starred restaurants. Now back in his native Norfolk, first as chef-director of the Walpole Arms Restaurant, and now in event catering, Andy uses his wealth of experience and the local game for weddings, private dinner parties and boardroom lunches.
- Author(s)Andy Parle
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication16/07/2012
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width216 mm
- Height282 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.