All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDesigned throughout with colourful and detailed illustrations, Wild Harvesters outlines in a clear and understandable way the Mesolithic Age in Scotland. It contains in-depth features on important discoveries and Mesolithic phemen and emphasises that Scotland's first inhabitants were t igrant savages but ordinary people trying to live as best they could in their landscape. Included in the book are specially commissioned illustrations which show how these people may have lived, as well as an assessment of the archaeological theories current today. This book is part of a newly updated edition of the acclaimed Making of Scotland series produced by Historic Scotland and Birlinn which provides lively, accessible and up-to-date introductions to key themes and periods in Scottish history and prehistory.
- Author BiographyBill Finlayson is a Research Fellow and Manager of the Centre for Field Archaeology at the University of Edinburgh.
- Author(s)Bill Finlayson
- PublisherBirlinn General
- Date of Publication22/02/2005
- SubjectAncient History
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBirlinn Ltd
- Out-of-print date26/04/2017
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.), maps
- Width190 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.19
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.32Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.