Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionFor many people beyond Nevada's borders, the state is more than the nation's desert dumping ground for dangerous waste. Others kw it only for its hedonistic centers of gambling and entertainment. This scandal belies the extraordinary beauty and wonder of the state's wilderness areas and the precious natural, aesthetic, and cultural resources to be found there. In Wild Nevada, editors Roberta Moore and Scott Slovic have assembled twenty-nine writers who kw and love the Nevada wilderness to testify on its behalf. Contributors include literary artists and scholars, environmental and community activists, leading politicians, ranchers, scientists, and park rangers. Some essays offer observations on the political and philosophical discussions of wilderness that heat up the halls of academia and Congress; others recount moving personal encounters with wild places within Nevada; and still others comment on the ambiguities of preserving wild places through wilderness designation. But despite the eclectic backgrounds of the writers and their varied perspectives on public policy, they are all united in their devotion to the ecological and aesthetic values of Nevada's threatened wilderness areas. Foreword by Michael Frome.
- Author(s)Roberta Moore,Scott Slovic
- PublisherUniversity of Nevada Press
- Date of Publication30/01/2005
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationReno
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Nevada Press
- Weight172 g
- Width132 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.