All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionFirst published in 2002, Wild Orchids of Florida was the very first field guide for this orchid-rich state, and it inspired many to try their hand at orchid hunting. Because of its overwhelming popularity and in an attempt to provide the latest developments in orchid research, native orchid expert Paul Martin Brown follows up with this newly revised and expanded edition. The guide contains 200 new points of fact, including: more than 100 new county records established since 2002; three recently rediscovered species that have t been seen in 100 years; two previously undocumented species, six new hybrids, and several new color forms described and illustrated for the first time; the resurrection and revalidation of the little-used genus of Gymnadeniopsis; and 34 revised county distribution maps, 37 new color photos, and three new watercolors by Stan Folsom. With its comprehensive yet easy-to-follow treatment, Wild Orchids of Florida remains the essential field companion for professional botanists, native plant enthusiasts, nature lovers, or anyone who wants to learn more about what's growing out in the wilds of Florida.
- Author BiographyPaul Martin Brown is a research associate at the University of Florida Herbarium, Florida Museum of Natural History, Gainesville. He is the author of several books about native orchids, including Wild Orchids of Florida (UPF), The Wild Orchids of North America, North of Mexico (UPF), and Wild Orchids of the Southeastern United States, North of Peninsular Florida (UPF), and the founder and editor of the North American Native Orchid Journal. Stan Folsom is a watercolorist and botanical illustrator whose work appears in Wild Orchids of Florida, The Wild Orchids of North America, North of Mexico, and Wild Orchids of the Southeastern United States, North of Peninsular Florida.
- Author(s)Paul Martin Brown
- PublisherUniversity Press of Florida
- Date of Publication15/01/2006
- SubjectLife Sciences: Botany
- Place of PublicationFlorida
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of Florida
- Content Note449 colour photos, 136 drawings, map, checklist, bibliography, glossary, index
- Weight885 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Illustrator(s)Stan Folsom
- Foreword byCarlyle A. Luer
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.