All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionIn October 1947, Maine experienced the worst fire disaster in its history. Climaxing months of drought, fires raged across more than 200,000 acres. Nine communities were practically leveled and four others severely damaged. Fifteen people lost their lives. Wildfire Loose describes how the fires started and spread so quickly through rural villages, down Millionaire's Row in Bar Harbor, and across southern Maine beach resorts. Originally published in 1979, it remains the definitive account of The Week Maine Burned.
- Author BiographyJoyce Butler has written eight books, most recently a two-volume history of the Kennebunks. She has also written numerous articles for newspapers and magazines. A long-time resident of Kennebunk, Maine, she has been Town Historian since 1990.
- Author(s)Joyce Butler
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication17/07/2014
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDown East Books,U.S.
- Content Note39 black & white halftones, 2 maps
- Weight444 g
- Width154 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.